Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Adele Geane Boyer

She's here! Adele Geane made a speedy entrance into the world on Saturday, August 14th at 8:26 AM.

After learning that I had pregnancy-induced hypertension and possibly preeclampsia, we were waiting on test results that would determine how soon I would need to be induced. I was really hoping we wouldn't have all the complications that we had with my pregnancy with Jenell and we had lots of friends praying. Well... God hears the cries of his people! :) Saturday morning at 3:30, my water broke and contractions started about 30 minutes later. They were getting a little worse, but I figured we still had time to dishes and straighten up the house. I even took time to take a shower! :)

When we got to the hospital around 6:15 AM I was only 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. They moved me to a LDR room and my contractions started to intensify. The doctor was pretty convinced I needed to wait on my epidural and I figured I probably should too! I was sure I had HOURS left to go.. Sometime around 7:50-8:00 I asked for my epidural and was told the anesthesiologist would be on his way- I was next in line. :) Sadly, he never made it to me. My labor got worse very quickly and I already had to push. The doctor checked me expecting that I still had a ways to go- but found out I was 10cm dilated and Adele was rapidly making her way here! :) I begged one last time for my epidural and then began pushing. Five minutes (no joke) later, she was here!

We were praying that there would be no need for all the medical intervention like with Jenell's delivery and that is certainly what we got!

Anyway, Adele is healthy and doing wonderfully. Her big sister adores her and loves to help with anything that she can. Thanks again for all your prayers!

Daddy cutting the cord.






After a few hours with mom and dad, it's time for a bath!


Squeaky clean!




Mom with her girls :)


Aunt Taylor and Adele


Proud big sister!


Kisses.









Daddy with his girls.




Getting a couple minutes of sun to help Adele's jaundice.


Look at that tongue!


Changing sister's diaper.

Sisters.


Jenell, Uncle Kyle and Adele

3 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

awesome!!!! perfect!!!! so happy for your family.

Anonymous said...

Jaycee, you are awesome! I know you wanted an epidural but you still did without! Not many people can say they had a natural childbirth. You go girl! Adele is beautiful. Congrats Jaycee, Tim, and Janell!

~Rachel

Anonymous said...

beautiful pussybut I want to see her big sisters too